There’s one question we get at Easy Pools more than any other: “Do you have any pool salt?”
Unfortunately, the most common answer is ‘no’.
There’s a pool salt shortage across the nation. Every pool shop is feeling it. And here’s why:
- There was a manufacturing issue prior to Christmas 2021 that impacted supply;
- We all know about the flooding rain in many parts of Queensland and New South Wales earlier this year. This meant about eight bags of salt were needed per pool to return to swimmable levels. And then more rain fell in the following weeks;
- The rain washed away some of the salt producing areas in the eastern states;
- Supply chain issues forced the importing of salt to be pushed down the priority list meaning that we didn’t have the required amounts entering the country.
So, it was a perfect storm of salt problems.
But you don’t need to rely on salt to enjoy your pool.
Here are Easy Pool’s tips on how you can make your pool less reliant on salt until the shortage ends:
- Turn your salt chlorinator down
- Use chlorine in your pool
We continue to receive pool salt on an irregular basis. It’s hard for us to know when the next supply will arrive but it’s usually every couple of weeks.
We prioritise our regular service customers for their pool salt supply. But we also keep plenty of stock on hand once we receive a delivery. And it then flies out the door!
Keep an eye on social media pages to learn when the next delivery arrives.
In the meantime, get on to your salt chlorinator and make your pool less reliant on salt.
Call us on 📞 07 3268 7366 if you want to chat about your pool.