SpaGuard Filter Brite cleans oil and grease from all types of filters. Keeping the filter clean improves filtration and water circulation and lengthens the life of the filter. Using Filter Brite regularly keeps insoluble particles filtered out of the water, which puts less load on the chemical products. This can help reduce maintenance costs.
To use Filter Brite:
- Remove the filter elements and rinse off excess debris with garden hose.
- Immerse elements completely in a clean bucket containing 1 bag (100 grams) of Filter Brite dissolved in water.
- Light brushing may be required for heavy oil accumulation.
- If scale, crust or discolouration remains, use rubber gloves and briefly brush or soak elements in a diluted acid solution to remove scale build-up. Thoroughly flush acid solution from filter elements with a garden hose.
- Rinse the elements thoroughly with maximum garden hose pressure and reassemble. Incomplete rinsing can result in foaming in the spa.
- Reassemble filter and resume normal operation.
Spa and hot tub filters should be cleaned with every refill using Filter Brite.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.