Black Algae MSAII Procedure
- Brush visible algae vigorously. Remember that it is necessary to remove the protective exoskeleton from the top of the algae growth.
- With the pump running, add 2 bags of Burn Out Extreme per 50,000 litres or 300 grams of Burn Out 35 per 10,000 litres.
- Circulate for one hour to disperse the product evenly.
- Test the free chlorine residual. If the chlorine residual is less than 1.0 ppm, repeat from Step 2.
- Brush the entire pool thoroughly.
- Remove the skimmer basket and clean out any debris. With the basket out, pour 100 mL of MSA II per 10,000 litres through the skimmer with the pump running.
- Replace the skimmer basket and circulate the pool continuously for 72 hours. It is very important to maintain a copper residual of at least 0.4 ppm and a free chlorine residual of at least 5.0 ppm throughout the treatment. If necessary, boost the residual with small amounts of Burn Out Extreme or Burn Out 35.
- After 72 hours, brush and vacuum the pool and clean the filter with Filter Brite.