In cooler weather when the pool is not in use, it may be preferable to leave the pool running. A small amount of maintenance will still be required, but much less frequently than during the warmer summer months.
- Perform a complete water analysis and balance according to ALEX recommendations. The cooler water temperature will require slightly different balancing parameters to prevent equipment corrosion and surface damage.
- Clear up all problems, such as algae growth, biofilm or cloudy water.
- Brush and vacuum the pool and clean the waterline with Off The Wall Surface Cleaner.
- Backwash and clean the filter with Filter Brite.
- Begin your off season maintenance routine:
- Run the pump a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Maintain 2.0 – 4.0 ppm total bromine residual (4.0 – 6.0 ppm for commercial pools) and a pH range of 7.4 – 7.6 at all times.
- Shock the pool with 1 bag of Lite per 50,000 litres or 1 bag of Burn Out Extreme per 50,000 litres or 1 bag of Burn Out 35 per 35,000 litres or 125 grams of Oxy-Clear Pool Shock per 10,000 litres monthly.
- Prevent algae by adding 40 mL of Back-Up II Algae Inhibitor monthly.