Lithium Hypochlorite is a granular chlorinating product that can be used for regular sanitation and shocking. It is fast-dissolving and totally soluble, so it reduces the chances of bleaching surfaces and is safe for use in all pool types. As Lithium Hypochlorite is an unstabilised chlorinating product, establish a 30 – 50 ppm cyanuric acid reading with Stabiliser before beginning regular use as a sanitiser. Used as a shock product, Lithium Hypochlorite is excellent for use in areas with high calcium levels in the fill water.
To use Lithium Hypochlorite:
- Balance the water according to label directions.
- Stabilize the pool to 30 – 50 ppm cyanuric acid with Stabiliser.
- With the pump running, add 420 grams Lithium Hypochlorite per 10,000 litres.
- Wait 24 hours and repeat Lithium Hypochlorite additions as needed to establish a free chlorine residual of 1.5 – 3.0 ppm.
- For maintenance, apply 60 grams per 10,000 litres daily, or 120 grams per 10,000 litres if no Stabiliser is present.
- To superchlorinate, apply 240 grams per 10,000 litres daily, or 480 grams per 10,000 litres if no Stabiliser is present. Do not swim until the chlorine residual drops to 5.0 ppm or less.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.