- Perform a complete water analysis and balance according to ALEX recommendations.
- Add the required number of bags of salt as appropriate to the pool volume and the manufacturer’s requirements for the salt chlorinator. Apply evenly at the deep end of the pool with the pump running. Brush up any undissolved product. Beginnings may cause temporary clouding of the water that should clear within 24 – 48 hours.
- Add 1 bag of Salt Pool Sparkle to establish an initial free chlorine residual of 1.5 – 3.0 ppm.
- Turn the salt chlorinator to the AUTO position to begin generating sanitiser. The controller will only generate sanitiser when the pump is operating.
- The controller determines the amount of sanitiser produced. To find the optimum controller setting, start at a fairly high setting and work downward. It will take a few days of adjustments to find the ideal setting for your pool.
NOTE: Thoroughly read the manufacturer’s salt chlorinator installation and operation manual to completely understand all of the features of the unit.