MSA II Algaecide is a concentrated copper-based algicide that works fast on all types of algae. MSA II can be used in chlorinated or brominated pools, but NOT in biguanide pools
To use MSA II Algaecide:
- Clean the filter and adjust the water balance according to ALEX recommendations. Test for metals and add Scale Inhibitor according to label instructions for any that are present.
- Adjust the free chlorine residual to 1.5 – 3.0 ppm or the total bromine residual to 2.0 – 4.0 ppm.
- Add 1 bag of Burn Out Extreme per 50,000 litres via the skimmer or 150 grams of Burn Out 35 per 10,000 litres directly to the pool with the pump running. Circulate for at least 1 hour.
- With the pump running, add 100 mL of diluted MSA II per 10,000 litres in front of the returns. To dilute the product, pour MSA II in 10 – 20 litres of water in a clean plastic bucket.
- Test water for copper 72 hours after MSA II addition. If any copper remains, treat with Pool Magnet and Quick Clear according to label instructions.
Do not swim until the free chlorine residual drops to 5.0 ppm or less, or total bromine residual drops to 8.0 ppm or less.
NOTE: Avoid physical contact with product. Follow safety information on label instructions. Store in a cool, dry place. Keep out of the reach of children.