To start using one of the BioGuard 3 – Step Programs, follow these initial instructions:
- Perform a complete water analysis and follow ALEX recommendations for balancing. This includes establishing a 40 ppm CYA level for outdoor pools.
- With the pump running, add 1 bag of Burn Out Extreme per 50,000 litres or 1 bag of Burn Out 35 per 35,000 litres to establish a free chlorine residual of 1.5 – 3.0 ppm.
- Fill your automatic feeder, skimmer or floater with Smart Sticks, Pacific Blue Power Tabs or Stingy Sticks.
- Add 50 mL of Back-Up II Algae Inhibitor per 10,000 litres.
- Circulate 24 hours, then retest the free chlorine residual and the pH. Adjust pH to 7.4 – 7.6 and make sure free available chlorine is 1.5 – 3.0 ppm.
- The following week, begin the 5-Minute Work Week Pool Care Program or the 3 -Step Pool Care Program.