- Perform this procedure at night or when the pool is not in use.
- Test and adjust the pH to 7.4 – 7.6.
- Brush visible algae vigorously. Remember that it is necessary to remove the protective exoskeleton from the top of the algae growth. Turn the pump off.
- Wait 4 to 6 hours for the pool water to become still.
- Add 125 grams of Spot Kill per 10,000 litres for light growth. For heavy growth, add 250 grams per 10,000 litres. Broadcast the product around the pool concentrating on areas of heaviest growth.
- Let the pool sit without circulation for 12 to 24 hours.
- Turn the pump back on and brush the dead algae vigorously, then vacuum the pool.
Repeat this procedure if spots are still visible. Do not swim until the free chlorine residual has dropped to 5.0 or lower or the total bromine residual has dropped to 8.0 or lower.
CAUTION: Do not use Spot Kill in biguanide pools.