Storms can wreak havoc on swimming pools. Often there is more mess than damage, but it can be difficult to tell with a pool full of leaves, tree branches and debris. Follow the instructions below to get the pool to a point where it can be ascertained whether any surface damage has occurred.
- Remove all solid debris from pool.
- Drain down any excess water from pool or top-up your water level if there was substantial water loss.
- Use Power Floc per label directions and vacuum to waste.
- Circulate pool for 24 hours and then test pH, Total Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness. Adjust as needed.
- Add 2 bags of Burn Out Extreme per 50,000 litres through the skimmer.
- Circulate for 24 hours. Monitor the free chlorine residual during this time to ensure you can hold a 1.5 – 3.0 ppm level. Add Lite, Burn Out Extreme or Burn Out 35 as needed to maintain this level.
- Use Filter Brite following label directions.
- Once the pool is clear, have a pool professional check for any remaining damage.