Spring Opening for Salt Chlorinated Pools
- Perform a complete water analysis and balance according to ALEX recommendations. Perform a salt test to determine how much salt is needed to start up. Salt is only lost through backwashing, splashout and other methods of physical water loss.
- Backwash and clean filter with Filter Brite.
- Add 1 bag of Salt Pool Sparkle per 50,000 litres to establish an initial free chlorine residual of 1.5 – 3.0 ppm.
- Add 40 mL of Protector Salt Pool Algae Inhibitor per 10,000 litres to prevent algae.
- Turn the salt chlorinator controller to the AUTO position to begin generating sanitiser. Adjust the output to the desired setting.
- Begin regular maintenance the following week.