- Chemically clean the filter with Filter Brite according to label instructions for your filter type and size.
- Perform a water analysis and balance according to ALEX recommendations.
- Add 1 bag of Burn Out Extreme per 50,000 litres via the skimmer or 150 grams of Burn Out 35 per 10,000 litres directly to the pool with the pump running.
- Circulate for at least 1 hour. If you have shocked the pool within the last 12 hours, skip this step.
- Dilute 100 mL of MSA II Algaecide per 10,000 litres in at least 10 litres of water in a clean plastic bucket.
- Pour this dilution directly in front of the returns.
- 72 hours after the addition of MSA II, check the water for copper. If any is present, use Pool Magnet according to label instructions to prevent staining.
- Do not swim until the chlorine residual drops to 5.0 ppm or less, or the total bromine residual drops to 8.0 ppm or less.
MSA II can be used to clean up both green and mustard algae growths, separately or in combination. One application will usually take care of both.
CAUTION: Do NOT use MSA II in biguanide pools. If the pool has an ioniser, check with the manufacturer before using this product. MSA II contains copper and some manufacturers will void the warranty on the ioniser if copper-based products are used.