Converting from Ionisation to Salt Chlorination
- Remove the ionisation unit according to manufacturer or dealer instructions.
- Test the water for copper and apply Pool Magnet according to label instructions for the amount of copper present. Ionisation units dispense copper in the water, and it is necessary to apply Pool Magnet to prevent staining and water discolouration.
- Circulate the pool for 48 hours, then apply Quick Clear according to label instructions for your filter type and size.
- Backwash as needed. Replace Quick Clear until the copper is removed from the water.
- After the first Quick Clear application, follow manufacturer’s instructions for setting up your salt chlorinator.